Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Heart of the Matter

Dear Readers  – I am asking for your help. I am asking you to journey with me. We live in total privilege in a world that does have enough resources to feed its people….but there are people around the world, 27 million of them, who live in slavery.

Does that embarrass you? Does that totally overwhelm you? Do you feel like you can’t make a difference? Caught between helplessness and guilt?

I have joined with a group of women who are creative, talented and enthusiastic about making lasting change for people. We call ourselves ‘unfolding hope’ and we are raising money to donate to a charity called Free The Slaves - an organisation aiming to eradicate the trade and enslavement of people within our lifetime.

Would you read the pages at the top of this page under “unfolding hope” and would you donate to our efforts? There is a place to donate button on the right.
Thank you so much for your encouragement to me and for allowing me to raise my voice.
Miriam x x

“None of us is truly free while others remain enslaved. The continuing existence of slavery is one of the greatest tragedies facing our global humanity. Today we finally have the means, and increasingly the conviction, to end this scourge and to bring millions of slaves to freedom”
—Desmond Tutu
Archbishop Emeritus of Cape Town, South Africa
Free the Slaves International Advisor

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. – Helen Keller.
Who we are, what we do, how we give – this is our chance to change the world – please join us.

Find more information under ‘Unfolding Hope’ at the top.
Thank You.
and I am linking in with blogger extraordinaire and all around awesome lady Simone

2 comments:

Simoney said...

Awesome Miriam!
x

Simoney said...

Miriam I would love you to link this post up to my Best in Blog linky - then I can FEATURE it next Monday... and write a follow on post.
xx