Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wardrobe Wednesday - about as 80s as I can manage


Sticking with an era for inspiration I'm working within some of the 80s parameters this week.

There will be exceptions:
- shoulder pads (all ready have my own naturally robust shoulders padding not needed)
- crop tops and exposed midriff - yeah not really thinking anyone would appreciate a large exposure of white stretched mark tummy (I know you can thank me later)

I'm not actually a great fan of the 80s fashions - power suits, MC hammer pants, oversized fluro t-shirts, overalls!, stone-washed jeans, pants that don't quite make it all the way to the ankles.....

Last week I was all 1950s and I do really, really love the shape but I also have to have fun with the way I dress. I am not a uniform wearer. I am about personality and fun. I like dressing up and I like variety.

This is my 'I <3 Jesus' dress which I first showed off here.
This is my 'day-wear' version.

Footless tights - hand-me-down
Shoes - Emily the Strange $7 from a school fair
Dress - $0 fabric and pattern gifted everything else from my stash, handmade
Jacket - bought in Amsterdam in 2004 from Vera Moda I think

Do you stick to a similar style of dressing most days or are you like me feminine one day, channelling a bit of punk the next?

Some more outfits I've thrown together this year

For a sneaky inside other wardrobes try the pleated poppy or lovely Nin at Sailor Spy
Wardrobe Wednesday at SailorSpy.co.nz

10 comments:

Leonie said...

Love it - you dress the way I wish I had the courage to!

Notchka said...

Yay - the Jesus dress - I love this, tis sooo fun! Great Cyndi Lauper restyle - high tops, coloured tights. I agree there was much in the 80's to mock, but if you scratch the surface there are some great looks to work with. And yes I and completely all over the century with my dressing - keep 'em guessing I say!!

Unknown said...

I love your hair cut by the way (I meant to comment on an earlier post and forgot). That blazer and those shoes are all kinds of awesome - the 80s suits you well ;)

Unknown said...

OMG - what a cool look! LOVE the shoes. LOVE them! And the embroidery on the back of the blazer - perfect!
Let's follow each other!

XOXO
-Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
http://psbananas.com
BLOGLOVIN
FACEBOOK

Hootnz said...

You are totally rockin it! and I love you new jhair do!

Miriam said...

Yeah or the lack of shame perhaps??

Miriam said...

Yeah I'm coming around to thinking there are some okay elements

Miriam said...

Thanks heaps :o)

Miriam said...

Thanks Daisy!

Miriam said...

Thank you I had some fun with it