Friday, November 30, 2012

Happy For

Yesterday it began to rain while I was at school helping to organise the end of year Christmas pageant (so not a pageant but when else would I get to use that word!!) I had washing on the line....

When I came home this is what I found - my neighbour rescued the washing off the line and put the pegs in Flip's cap and put it all under the verandah thingy we have. God Bless a washing fairy!

These 2 boys that love each other so much - The Atlas and I found them playing together with this suitcase one morning before school.

I love that the when a very large and exciting advent box arrived Flip decided to race down to his room and wrap a parcel for Daddy so he didn't feel left out - I so love that kid's generous heart.

I love that I have the best advent swap partner ever!! Leonie is one of those incredible, generous, over-achievers (love a good overachiever!!) - I am in for an AWESOME December.

The box also contained those 'air bag' packaging things which were joyfully burst as well.

I love that the box quickly became a boat for the teddies and then a table for a picnic afternoon tea and then a prop in the 'wipeout' obstacle course that the boys built.

And I'm also totally awed by our brains - I am learning lines for a performance next week and it kind of blows my mind that we can with a small amount of intention memorize and regurgitate lines we read - our brain is fearfully and wonderfully made indeed.

I love that it's Friday and tomorrow I proudly turn 35!! Halfway to 70 - bring it. :o)

I bet Meghan has an amazing collection of things she is grateful for too - her list is always cool.

16 comments:

jacksta said...

wow. What an amazing package!

Widge said...

yay for the washing line fairy! Where has mine gone? my washing has been on the line for about 3 days :( haha

Meghan Maloney Photography said...

What a happy post :-) Happy Happy Birthday for tomorrow - now we are the same age for a few months...it's a great age to be I might add! I like being in my mid-30's. Happy weekend to you and that precious family xx

Sarah Hulbert Style said...

What a sweet neighbor! My neighbor just grouses at me for parking too close to his bushes. And what a couple of handsome little fellas you have in that suitcase. As always, I am leaving your blog with a smile on my face!!! ~Sarah

Cat said...

Squeee I am so looking forward to seeing what everyone has received . . . . .
Thanks for taking part in this years Advent Swap

http://catalinanz.blogspot.co.nz/2012/12/01st-of-december-has-arrived.html

Leonie said...

Such happiness! Happy Happy birthday for yesterday - hope you had a wonderful day! And yay for boxes that provide endless entertainment! Gave me a huge smile :)

Bron said...

Can't wait to see what the parcel contained...must be a whole heap of goodness. xx

Sophie Slim said...

A HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR SATURDAY!!! Hope it was a great day for you :) xx

Miriam said...

I know it's SO exciting!

Miriam said...

Oh man that sucks!! You need to get your neighbour to read this post and take pity on you!! Ha ha

Miriam said...

Thanks Meghan I'm loving my 30s too.

Miriam said...

Sarah - thank you so much. As always I am smiling from your comment!

Miriam said...

Me too - will you do a round up each week??

Miriam said...

Thank you. I thought you'd be pleased to know it was the box that goes on giving!!

Miriam said...

yes indeed I will be sharing the contents!

Miriam said...

Thank you lovely