Monday, September 16, 2013

B.M.W.B - Ultimately Easy Decorations


Oh the joy of using a bag of awful, ugly, kind-of-embarrassed-to-own them beads.


Take aforementioned beads, add cookie cutters, and 180 degrees in the oven, on baking paper and a tray for about 15-20 minutes.

I weighed up the likelihood of the beads spontaneously com-busting in the oven and killing us all with noxious gases and decided - what the heck, let's give it a go. The cheaper beads smelled a bit like crayons - the others were a bit whiffy but I ventilated well and sent the boys to play while they cooked so only I would die - I'm unselfish like that!

Pulling the cookie cutters off afterwards was mainly easy - some needed a little encouragement.



Get daddy to drill carefully, add string = cute, slightly pop-art style decorations for the tree. (Word to the wise sticking a toothpick in to make the hole while they are warm just means it sets in there.)


We will be making more of these for sure, provided the drilling part works...!


The Atlas commented they'd make great brooches too. The way the colours look on the back makes me very happy. They remind me a lot of Alex Fulton's style (which I am quite partial to!).


The sheep is my favourite but as Bounce made it I know I'll never get my mits on it for brooch making.

The boys are so thrilled and I loved that I saw the idea during the day, Bounce and I sorted beads and we made them after school together.

They are going to be so pleased to see their handy work hanging on the tree this year.

(did you enter my giveaway already?)

Becoming the Mama I want to be is about taking time to enjoy the journey of parenting, to honour it's value and to hopefully inspire and encourage each other. 

Create Hope Inspire

Simple. Achievable. Intentional: becoming the mama I want to be

Button code on the right if you want it

Love you more than a craft project that goes better than expected xxxx