Monday, September 11, 2017

Making - Ivy Pinafore

Kia ora koe,

When I saw the Ivy pinafore by Jennifer Lauren Handmade I was really keen to give it a go. A tent dress + pinafore sounds like the perfect combo to me. Then I came across this fabulous flamingo fabric and it was a done deal.


The pattern requires a lot of fabric 3m and is fully lined so it's not a cheap make by any means. I also chose to print the PDF pattern at a copy shop instead of printing out loads of pages, sticking them all together and re-cutting (prep work is such a bore!). Which meant some serious printing costs as well - thankfully I plan to make this dress again so I can make sure to get my moneys-worth from the printing.



The dress came together really quickly and the instructions are clear and thorough and easy to follow. I decided to forgo buttons in the end liking the yoke just as it was, so I stitched it down instead.

The top stitching really makes the overall look I think.

Worn with a black top I've had for over 10 years and some new shoes that were seriously discounted and make the perfect feet for a flamingo don't you think?



So.... what will the next one look like I wonder???

love you more than a flamboyance of flamingoes xxx
(isn't that the best collective noun ever?!)