Monday, November 20, 2017

Makey - Simplicity 9613 and McCalls 7120

Kia ora,

Here is a couple of makes in one post :-)

I purchased this sheer fabric from Annah Stretton fabrics when they first opened and all their fabrics were $5m.


I decided I wanted to do a long version of the hi-low McCalls 7120 dress. I'd already done a couple of shorter versions.

But I needed a slip to go underneath so I had a rummage through my patterns and landed on Simplicty 9613 which I omitted the zip from. Unfortunately I only had yellow FOE so it's not the most invisible make but it definitely does the modesty job I needed it for! I may also use it under the giant pink caftan I made in Australia.


The fabric for the slip came from a large op-shop haul.

I french seamed the few seams on the sheer dress as I knew it would be a fraying nightmare.



I quite like this dress :-)

Worn with
Shoes bought for me by a friend at an op-shop
Necklace by Trade-aid/ Oxfam
Earrings handmade for me by a friend
Bracelet bought in a second hand shop

love you more than a giant polka dot xxx